I know some amazing facts about Poker facts, will surely wanna tell here:
1. Longest Poker game in the History: Yes it’s astonishing but true!! The Longest Poker game in the history, starting in the year 1881, this game lasted for 8 years, 5 months and 3 days. Hosted in Bird Cage Theater in Tombstone Arizona, this tourney required $1000 buy-in and featured several legendary Old West personalities.
2. World Series of Poker Debut: The year was 1970, and the place was Las Vegas. A handful of hot shot players assembled to go head to head to determine the first world champion poker player. Unlike ensuing years when the winner has been decided by a freeze-out tournament, the first was decided by voting.
3. 20 Cards were used to play Poker: The most common form of early poker was played with a 20-card deck and four players. Players were dealt five cards and then bet on who had the best hand. The first documented mention of playing with a 52-card deck is from 1834.
4. Poker Today: According to research cited by the non-profit Poker Players Alliance, approximately 70 million Americans play poker live and/or online—more than 20% of the population.
5. Texas Dolly: Getting dealt 10,2 is referred to as Doyle Brunson because he won back to back World Series with the hand.